Summer is an awesome time to be a reader. You can go to the pool and pretend you’re there to swim, but you actually spend the whole time laying on a deck chair reading a book (or two). I’m pretty excited about my summer reading list this year. I mostly kept it pretty light (it is summer, after all), but I’ve heard really good things about Exit West so I had to throw that in the mix. Here it is!
Ruth’s Summer Reading List 2017:
1. The Bees by Laline Paull
2. Mr. Penumbra’s 24-hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
3. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
4. Exit West by Mohsin Hamid
5. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
6. When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
7. Perennials: a Novel by Mandy Berman
Who knows if I’ll actually get to all of these, but a girl can try, right?
If you’re looking for a book to add to your summer reading list, you’re in luck! My publisher is giving away another 75 copies of my book, Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance, on Goodreads (enter here).
Take it to the pool, read it, or use it as a rudimentary flotation device. The choice is yours! Do me a favor though: if you throw it in and it floats, please write me a review that simply reads, “This book is not a witch.” Thanks in advance. :)